The signing of the Compact confirms the Group's commitment to sustainable development, which is already at work in several initiatives, including the development and implementation of sustainable approaches and solutions, the drawing-up of an in-house roadmap on corporate and environmental responsibility and the formation of a Sustainable Development Steering Committee (committee of internal and external stakeholders).
Through its membership, Egis reaffirms its ambition to be known as a leader in sustainable engineering through-out its range of services and through its practices and the conduct of its teams: All Egis staff affected by our membership must respect and promote the ten principles of the Global Compact wherever they work.
Every year, Egis publishes its COmmunication on Progress (COP).
Since 2012, Egis associates its COP and CSR reports to propose a single document containing all the themes of CSR.
Discover our reports:
For more information, consult the Global Compact Website http://unglobalcompact.org/
1. Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally
proclaimed human rights;
2. make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
3. Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective
recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
4. the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
5. the effective abolition of child labour;
6. the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
7. Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
8. undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility;
9. encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies;
© Fotolia /elena elisseeva