Upgrading works for 1300 km of rural roads in Sri Lanka
The project aims to improve access roads between rural zones and economic centres (towns, ports, etc.). It concerns supervision of upgrading works for 1300 km of rural roads, spread throughout 300 sections in 3 provinces and 6 districts in the centre of the island.
Within the grouping, Egis is in charge of supervising road rehabilitation works.
Egis teams specifically ensure:
- the management of contracted work,
- the supervision of construction work, followed by that of maintenance work,
- the follow-up on compliance with the socio-environmental protection measures enacted by the Asian Development Bank (ADB),
- the follow-up and update of performance indexes for the project,
- and the training of local staff in the areas of roadways, contract management, socio-environmental follow-up, and reporting.