Egis has been present in the Middle East for several years and holds the view that the region is a high-potential global market in a large number of fields such as infrastructure, buildings, water, energy and urban development. Egis generated 7% of its 2014 turnover in the Middle East.
Among the most notable regional projects awarded to Egis since 2012 feature:
- Project management and construction supervision of three lines of the future Riyadh metro in Saudi Arabia;
- Project management for the Doha metro in Qatar;
- Design studies and construction supervision of 130 km of expressways in Doha;
- The design of the urban development of the new cities of Taif and Badr in Saudi Arabia;
- Technical management of a data center in Riyadh;
- Project management of the King Faysal Hospital in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
More recently, the group also won contracts for:
- The renovation of aviation infrastructure at Riyadh airport;
- Assistance to the Saudi civil aviation authority for the commissioning of new infrastructure at the King Abulaziz airport in Jeddah;
- Design studies for the future Medina metro in Saudi Arabia;
- Project management of all of the Elevated sections of the Doha metro;
- The design review and works supervision of the new project to extend the Doha West wastewater treatment and recycling plant;
- Design studies and works supervision of the Um Al Houl Economic Zone (QEZ-3) in Doha;
- Engineering, procurement and construction management (EPCM) contract for rehabilitation of Al Karaana lagoon in Qatar;
- Construction supervision of the main sewer in the sanitation system in the city of Doha as part of the IDRIS programme.
There are currently 500 Egis employees working in the region on the various projects.