Transport Scotland is the national transport agency tasked with delivering a safe, efficient, cost-effective, and sustainable transport system to benefit road users and citizens.
The Traffic Scotland National Control Centre provides a 24/7 control room with a fully joined-up response during major travel incidents and severe weather as well as monitoring the daily operation of Scotland’s Trunk road network and co-ordinating the response to incidents as they occur. By managing the operation of the control centre, Egis and IBI Group are committed to improve the safety and efficiency of the road network by delivering the core services including the:
- Monitoring of 3500 km of road network, that carries approximatively 38% of all traffic in Scotland
- Provision of traffic data management and road network performance reporting with data from over 3500 traffic monitoring units
- Communication of traffic and travel information for the Scottish road network via radio, digital and social media channels, that includes over 300,000 Twitter followers
- Planning and responding to special events, roadworks and incidents, utilising 340 Variable Message Signs and over 1000 Motorway electronic signs on the network
- Facilities management services for the 1200m2 of control centre and an exhibition room that welcomes visitors and dignitaries to the centre
Capitalising on a combination of over 40 years of experience in operations and systems integration, these core services will be built on by the MOBIIE team and continuously improved through best practices brought through international experience from IBI Group and Egis.