Modernising urban services to improve the quality of life.
Egis provides technical assistance to local institutions to develop urban services in Nuku'alofa, in order to meet the growing population and its needs.
The main objectives of the project are:
- Strengthening public services for urban service provision
- Effective, efficient and sustainable water supply services
- Sustainable solid waste management services
- Improvement of other public services
- Community awareness of public services
The project has important environmental aspects in its structure, as it aims to improve sanitation and solid waste collection services. In addition, attention has been given to the protection of vulnerable groups, the role of women, and gender issues.