Working in a high-density urban setting
As one of the city’s major commuter hubs, Lyon’s Part-Dieu multimodal interchange is a point where various modes of transport converge - all at the heart of a busy district known for its office buildings, shops, hotels, restaurants and cultural and sports venues.
So busy, in fact, that the quarter has now reached saturation point. Lyon Metropolis has therefore launched an ambitious redevelopment programme which will make Lyon Part-Dieu an international benchmark of urban innovation and economic performance.
The transformation of the Part-Dieu quarter requires considerable knowhow in the management of complex projects.
For Egis, it’s not just a question of designing multimodal transport infrastructure and interfacing it with the existing networks: it’s also about playing a part in the emergence of a new business and residential district. All in a dense and complex urban environment.
Egis has all the in-house expertise necessary for responding to these challenges: as engineers, for the design and sequencing of construction work, and as consultants, for project management assistance.
We have the following missions as part of the Part-Dieu project:
Around the Lyon-Part-Dieu multimodal transit hub
- Egis is working with SNCF Réseau on the development of the rail network of Lyon.
- Our consulting teams worked with SPL Lyon Part-Dieu on a preliminary assessment of the value of the Part-Dieu quarter.
- Egis is a partner of AUC, urban development contractor to SPL Lyon Part-Dieu under the framework agreement for the redevelopment of the Part-Dieu quarter.
In the Lyon-Part-Dieu multimodal transit hub
- Together with AUC, Egis is prime contractor for the redevelopment of the two largest squares in the Part-Dieu quarter, place de Frankfort and place Béraudier.
- Our teams work in a consortium with Setec on the construction and modification of infrastructure in the Part-Dieu quarter.
- We’re also involved in other facets of the project:
o with Dominique Perrault in the coordination of designs, preliminary technical assessments and construction supervision for SCCV To Lyon.
o with Sud Architecte and Setec for the design of the parking silo under place Béraudier (fluids and energy efficiency) on behalf of SCCV To Lyon.
o with Sud Architecte and Setec on the design of the lower concourse (fluids and energy efficiency) on behalf of SPL Lyon Part-Dieu.
- Egis is also in charge of coordinating all work interfacing with the parking silo construction site.