Managing the project: digital technology for sustainable development.
Since 2019, Egis has been working as a project management consultancy (PMC) to implement the strategy and monitor several hundred projects serving the program.
This services include:
- supervision and corporate governance of the strategy, including monitoring and management tools (IT, planning, budget, reporting...)
- consultancy on regulations and corporate governance
- design consultancy (preparation of design guides, definition of expected specifications in tender documents (TDs), design supervision)
- preparation of TDs and the monitoring of providers from the upstream phases to construction and operation.
The contribution of geomatics.
To plan the project over the next 10 years, Egis has prepared the program design guides. A consultancy phase with the highest Saudi authorities essential to the orientation of future design and construction teams.
To do this, our experts and engineers have made use of the online geomatics platform, “Geoplanning” developed by Egis, which brings together all the Common Data Environment (CDE) data from various IT solutions. This data is useful for all phases of the project: contractual, regulatory, wealth management, programming, planning, project monitoring up to the completion of the works...
The great strength of the platform is to be able to visualise in a concise way and on a mapping platform all the issues of the different topics of the project, but also to help guide the specialists and the client in their strategic choices.
Geomatics, through the use of satellite images and advanced remote sensing algorithms, have made it possible to determine certain indicators such as vegetation cover at various stages, which are presented in the form of dashboards on the platform.
This “super tool” manages this vast greening program that encompasses hundreds of projects, ranging from soil quality studies to water availability, to the definition of types of forest.
Manage a large scale program.
One of the major challenges of a program such as Green Riyadh is to ensure the management and control of several hundred projects and give them meaning. Our goal was to identify the greening projects that had the greatest impact on the population. The comfort provided in the public space, its functionality and use as well as the management of the entire water cycle were key in our analysis. To do this, we had to organise the information from an urban point of view allowing the correct arbitration by the client of the project priorities. Our added value is reflected in the implementation of a specific process:
- preparation of the structure of the database and the data set for mapping and monitoring each project.
- prioritisation of greening projects by using multi-criteria analysis in GIS (rating tool): served by public transport, population and public services density, water availability, etc.
- the preparation of GIS specifications to monitor and control the strategy by the use of dashboards: progress, resources, results of the strategy (project, planted trees, KPI, etc.).
- data collection to populate the dashboards and check its suitability for the reporting requirements.
- Provide consultancy on the technical content of the GIS through the production of technical guides and specifications: TD documents, principle for monitoring trees, KPI calculations, design supervision, construction monitoring, etc.